As a Motor Claims Handler Apprentice, you will be involved in managing claims from the start through to settlement. Initially you will join our admin team to get a base knowledge of the claims journey then we will support your growth through training allowing you to progress to a Claims Analyst.
37.5 hours per week with 1 study day. Working hours will be 8.30am – 5.00pm/17:00 but with greater flexibility upon greater competency in role. Exact shifts to be confirmed.
Business Administrator Level 3
You will build your knowledge within our Admin teams with a focus on the Claims journey. The successful candidates will manage claims correspondence, answering telephone calls, creating claims and understanding the insurers we work with.
Once you have a full understanding of the admin process you will move into a claims handling team where you’ll be actively managing the claim regarding the damage sustained to the claimant’s vehicle from the accident. You will focus on reducing hire periods, working to tight deadlines and building your knowledge and experience of how to liaise with engineers, Brokers, Policy Holders, third party companies and/or garages over the phone and occasionally via email/ letter.
Within time, you will begin to manage your own case load efficiently whilst working towards your monthly targets and the targets set for your team.
The apprenticeship will typically take 15-18 months and you will have a career plan showing your journey before and after your apprenticeship.
The Business Administrator apprenticeship programme is the perfect entry into a professional working environment. It will provide the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours that are desirable within any business sector, and will also provide
foundation skills that can be developed and built on to progress into supervisory roles. The apprenticeship provides an insight into the business environment and influences on it and will lay the foundation knowledge for success.
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Business Administrators
- Regular tutorials and assessments from an experienced business professional
- Interactive chat, forums and class note books for real time support and assistance from experienced business professionals
- Apprentices benefit from our internal qualified End-Point-Assessor to prepare and guide them through their EPA
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Time Management
- Clear career path for progression to an Analyst role and salary increase
- Access to a wide library of training courses and LinkedIn learning
Things to Consider:
Background checks- including DBS checks required