Do you have a positive ‘can do’ approach and desire to learn? Do you have the excellent communication skills? We offer the fantastic opportunity to be an important part of a small but mighty Team of like-minded people where you can really make a difference.
Mon to Fri: 8.30 – 17.00. 1hr Lunch (unpaid). Time allocated for apprenticeship work. Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Financial Services Administrator Level 3
You will receive our full support to develop your skills and knowledge, and in return for your hard work and commitment, you will be given the opportunity to develop a long-term and fruitful career. You will support the Team in providing administrative service, dealing with providers and our clients. The role you start doing with us could be very different from the one you will be doing for us in a few years’ time!
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide administrative support in all aspects of day-to-day running of the business. Reporting to the Practice Manager, the duties are important and varied and will increase with time:
- Create and maintain accurate client records on our back-office systems.
- Prepare client documentation for meetings.
- Ensure all documentation is processed accurately and in a compliant manner.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained as per company procedures
- Ensure all work is followed up promptly in line with company standards and processes
- Liaise with product providers to ensure timely and accurate responses (progress chasing)
- Send letters of authority and gather accurate information from providers
- Produce portfolio valuations
- Assist in implementation of agreed action points
- Provide friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries
- Answering the telephone
- Open, scan, log and allocate incoming correspondence
- Working closely will all team members to ensure all business processes run smoothly and effectively
- Understanding and adhering to the company’s compliance and system practices, regulatory requirements and complying with all relevant procedures, including the completion of any mandatory training
- Other duties as required by management
The Financial Service Administrator Apprenticeship Standard provides the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to support efficient and
effective paraplanning / financial advisory operations.
This apprenticeship provides a fantastic opportunity to bring fresh talent into a financial services firm, or to start developing existing team
members into a paraplanning / financial adviser pathway.
The Financial Services Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship is typically aimed at those who are new to Financial Services and wish to learn
the core skills of financial services administration whilst also developing their knowledge towards achieving an exam pass in Financial Services Regulation and Ethics.
The apprentice will learn the key aspects of the regulation and ethical considerations that apply to financial services. In addition, they will
develop the core skills an administrator needs at work including planning and prioritising, rapport building, using systems and processes, professionalism, and adaptability.
The apprenticeship will aim to develop practical skills that compliment and enhance the knowledge-based skills that are acquired.
The apprentice should achieve an exam pass in either Level 3 CF1-UK Financial Services Regulation & Ethics, or Level 4 R01-Financial
Services Regulation & Ethics, in addition to developing the core practical skills of an administrator.
The exam route is agreed at the start and will depend on apprentice/employer requirements.
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) essential
- A Level or equivalent Maths and English OR BTEC Equivalent (Grade C or above) essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Analytical skills
- Microsoft Office
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Desire to learn
We would be looking to offer a permanent role for the right individual based on the skills learnt over the apprenticeship. There will also be the opportunity to gain further professional financial services qualifications for progression to Senior Administrator, Paraplanner or Financial Planner.
Things to Consider:
As part of our compliance with FCA regulations, we will require: – Proof of ID and address, Credit check, DBS Check.