To support the delivery of the Agency’s strategy by effectively managing the customer experience end-to-end ensuring excellent levels of customer service and the provision of relevant and appropriate advice efficiently, compliantly and in line with policy and process.
£10,296 to £20,319 a year
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00 30 minute lunch break. Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Insurance Practitioner Level 3
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of NFU Mutual products and NFU Mutual product and claims licences as appropriate.
- Provide exceptional service to our existing customers in the provision of all our products and services including policy renewals, mid-term adjustments, responding to queries and actioning policy changes.
- Arrange and provide appropriate advice on general insurance products ensuring customers have the best policies to cover their needs.
- Identify and action opportunities for cross-sales for existing clients to contribute to the growth of the Agency, including introducing Financial Services products.
- Process payments from customers in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Produce up-to-date records for every customer interaction and contact, ensuring all notes are captured clearly, accurately and timely.
- Consistently provide excellent levels of customer service in all interactions with potential and existing customers, delivering on promises, meeting their needs and exceeding expectations.
- Always demonstrate high values of trust and integrity, acting as a positive role model in line with the values and ethos of the Agency.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships within the Agency team and all relevant key contacts and teams within NFU Mutual.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in a way which complies with relevant external legislation and regulation, NFU Mutual compliance and other procedures and local Agency policies and processes.
- Deliver ad-hoc projects and/or other duties as required, to support the delivery of business strategy and enhance customer experience.
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
- Claims Handler/Loss Adjuster
- Assistant Underwriter
- Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme:
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 4(C)) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4(C)) essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
Team members that start in this role can move into a supervisory role, into our Key Accounts Team or our Insurance Executive Team which both manage our high value customers. Training is continuous and every team member is offered a 5 year plan.
Things To Consider:
Clean basic DBS required. Insolvency check required. Ideally able to drive so can attend all three of our offices. The non-apprentice salary band for this role is £18k – £22k dependant on experience.