The insurance sector may not seem the most obvious choice of sectors to get into but there is a greater need for protection of assets and risk management not only for individuals but companies big and small, it is an industry which will stand the test of time. From day one you will be trained on our insurance products and systems so that you are working as part of the team.
£19,000 a year
- Pension contributions
- Medical cash plan
- Eligibility to our discretionary Group bonus
- 25 days holiday pay and discretionary sick pay
- Bonus on achieving your Cert CII
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with one hour for lunch. Total hours per week: 35 hours a week
Insurance Practitioner Level 3
The insurance sector may not seem the most obvious choice of sectors to get into but there is a greater need for protection of assets and risk management not only for individuals but companies big and small, it is an industry which will stand the test of time. Working in insurance is about resolving problems, learning the nuances of a client’s business and what threats they are at risk from and making sure they’re fully protected
The purpose of this apprenticeship programme is to develop individuals who wish to continue with their learning while in paid employment. This approach helps us to foster a strong talent pool both for now and the future of our General Insurance company while giving young people the opportunity to achieve their potential in a supportive and progressive environment. The apprenticeship will start your career within general insurance and can lead to further opportunities and progression.
During your apprenticeship you will have first-hand experience of working in a variety of general insurance departments to really understand what the insurance industry is all about, including:
- Personal lines – such as car and home insurance
- Commercial – insurance for businesses
- Claims – how we handle insurances when something goes wrong
- Underwriting – wording of policies and schemes
- From day one you will be trained on our insurance products and systems so that you are working as part of the team, as any other new member of staff would be. Initially trained in one product, within a few weeks you will be working with your colleagues and speaking to our customers.
- You will be responsible for quoting new business, renewing policies and office administration as part of building a wide base of core insurance broking skills.
- You will work towards your industry professional CII qualifications and as part of the apprenticeship scheme you will have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship.
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
- Claims Handler/Loss Adjuster
- Assistant Underwriter
- Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme:
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- GCSE or equivalent 5 Subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Willing to learn
An advantage of working in the Group as an apprentice is that you get to venture to different departments and really get to understand the fundamentals of all aspects and interact with all colleagues across the Group. Throughout this apprenticeship you will continue to build on your technical skills and develop your insurance product knowledge to enable you to complete your Cert CII. This will lead you to specialise into one of our many departments throughout the business developing your insurance career.
Each employee will have a Personal Development Plan (PDP) to allow for personal growth alongside learning and development plans to make sure they continue to develop within their role and this will also focus on personal skills and attributes to develop alongside professional qualifications.
Things to Consider:
DBS check and references for this position are required