An exciting opportunity to begin your career in the Insurance industry! You will be liaising with Commercial Clients and assisting them with their Business Insurance Needs.
Monday – Friday 08:30 – 16:30; 1 hour for lunch – Total hours per week: 35 hours a week
Insurance Practitioner Level 3
We have a fantastic opportunity to train as a Commercial Account Handler.
Your main role will be to work closely with our clients to support them with their insurance requirements.
The role is vast, based upon building a relationship with our customers and providing first class customer service.
You’ll be managing daily support to clients from queries, mid-term adjustments, amendments and renewals, liaising with Insurers, and raising accounts.
Getting to know our clients is a key function. This will entail evaluating clients’ risks and arranging solutions to ensure our clients are protected, as well as making recommendations based on your understanding of the insurance market.
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
- Claims Handler/Loss Adjuster
- Assistant Underwriter
- Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme:
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Team working
- Telephone Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Sense of humor
- Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude
Extensive training – Clear career path and development opportunities, which we aim to help the successful candidate realise and progress through.
Things to Conssider:
For the successful candidate, a DBS Check and credit checks are required which will be funded by the company.