As an Assessor you will play an integral part in guiding and supporting Learners through their programme to successfully achieve all requirements. You will have a strong desire to ensuring our learners achieve in a timely manner and our programmes operate compliantly, effectively, and efficiently. To achieve this, you will provide achievement focussed support to learners and work collaboratively with the delivery team tutors.
Key roles and responsibilities
The scope of this role is, to support our learners through setting, assessing, and marking work in collaboration with their assigned industry specialist tutor within the Insurance, Financial Services or Commercial delivery team and includes:
1. Supporting, motivating, and building relationships with learners to ensure continuous progression through the
programme and timely achievement.
2. Stretch and challenge learner’s when setting, assessing, and marking work.
3. Monitoring progress to include identification of possible challenges and supporting learners in overcoming these.
4. Embed personal development, welfare, and behaviour topics into sessions where appropriate
5. Work in collaboration with the learners’s Tutor.
6. Conduct one to one progress reviews alongside the learner’s Tutor.
7. Build learner portfolios ahead of target gateway dates.
8. Build rapport with employers to ensure the successful delivery of training programmes
9. Raise concerns immediately to the company’s designated safeguarding officer
10. Create support and/or study plans for learners as required or appropriate
11. Maintaining records in line with company policies and procedures and in accordance with Apprenticeship funding
12. Contribute to sector meetings to monitor, review, and evaluate relevant courses
13. Keep up to date with, and implement company performance and quality frameworks, policies, and procedures
14. Ensure you conduct all assessment practice to the highest standards
15. Identifying and supporting additional learning needs of individual learners.
16. Provide objective advice to department heads so informed decisions can be made.
17. Ensuring the needs of all stakeholders are satisfied through provision of excellent customer service.
18. Managing your diary effectively to ensure regular contact with learners.
19. Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the line manager.
1. Support Skills Edge development through a broad range of business changes.
2. Provide objective advice to department heads so informed decisions are made against business strategies.
3. Identify areas of opportunity and propose new ideas by taking a creative, solution focussed approach.
4. Identify areas of risk arising from stakeholders’ experience or with the systems or processes.
5. Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the business.
6. Providing accurate reports for the Senior Management Team as required.
7. Supporting the senior management and business support teams in preparation for regulatory audits (ESFA, PFA, Ofsted
8. Keep department heads informed.
9. Ensuring continuous improvement of performance and quality standards across Skills Edge in a supportive and
10. Working collaboratively across all areas of the business to meet and maintain stakeholder requirements.
11. Ensure both internal and external performance and quality standards are met.
12. Ensuring that all stakeholders are communicated with in a polite, professional, and timely manner.
13. Operate strictly within the funding and performance rules of our commissioners, including the Education and Skills Funding
Agency (Department for Education) and Ofsted.
14. Contribute to a culture of performance and quality built on transparency, respect, and high professional standards
1. Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1, CAVA.)
2. At least 5 years assessing experience.
3. At least 3 years’ experience of working with apprenticeship standards.
4. End point assessment experience
5. Knowledge of the Apprenticeship funding rules.
6. Knowledge of the Ofsted Education Inspection framework.
7. Comprehensive IT skills including the use of E-portfolios and Microsoft Office Applications.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Strong organisational and time management skills.
10. Creativity to make learning engaging.
11. A flexible approach to your work
12. A strong commitment to Continuing Professional. Development (CPD) with evidence of own ongoing CPD.
13. Interpersonal skills.
14. Training, coaching and / or mentoring skills.
15. Attention to detail.
16. Enthusiasm, positivity, motivation, and commitment.
17. Patience and a sense of humour.
18. Occupational competence in Insurance industry, Financial Services industry or Leadership and Management (at least 2
19. Internal Quality Assurer qualification (D34, V1, IQA Award.)
We’re always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people to join us in changing lives through education, employment and training.
If you would like to know more about us and be considered for this role please complete the form to the right, attaching a CV and letting us know a little more about you.