We deliver a Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF). Take the next step in your career by becoming an assessor in your chosen industry.
- the ability to motivate people
- the ability to deliver training and lead workshops
- excellent communication skills
- accurate report writing and record-keeping
You’ll help make sure trainees meet occupational standards. Your day-to-day tasks will depend on the type of assessments you carry out but may include:
- planning and delivering vocational training programmes and workshops
- observing and assessing candidates in their workplace
- interviewing candidates and examining their portfolios of evidence
- providing feedback and offering advice
- signing off the award when all requirements are met
- keeping records of candidates’ progress
- attending meetings with other assessors
- working closely with training staff and candidates’ managers
You could assess as part of a wider role within an organisation’s training department, or as part of your main job.
This qualification consists of 3 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
This qualification is delivered online via webinars and Skype sessions. You will be allocated a Skills Mentor to coach you through the course and provide you with the knowledge and skills required to achieve.